Benefits of Waxing
Across the UK, female waxing has become the norm for hair free skin. Great for personal preference, wearing swimwear on holiday and for that clean fresh look. Most common waxing areas to be treated are the eyebrows, lip, hollywood/bikini and legs.
Waxing is a cheap, safe & temporary hair removal treatment. With regular treatments hair growth can become softer and sparse. No waxing treatment is ever pain free, the hair is removed from the root by a peelable hot wax that shrinks around the hair or a warm wax that is removed with a paper/fabric strip.
Why have waxing……
- Partners prefer the soft smooth skin
- Increases self-confidence
- Being hair free feels cleaner and cooler
- Reduces body odour in hot climates
- Great for swim wear and sporting activities
Some Contra-indications to a waxing treatment
- Rashes, broken skin, inflammation, swelling or pus
- Eczema, psoriasis, warts, herpes
- Very thin or sensitive skin, nerve damage
- Varicose veins, phlebitis
- Recent operations, scar tissue
- Recent skin peels, microdermabrasion, IPL or laser treatments
- Sunburn or recent use of sunbeds
Waxing Aftercare Advice
After any wax treatment you may experience slight soreness, small bumps and redness.
Keep the waxed area clean, dry and avoid heat and friction for the first 24-48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool water only)
- No sauna, steam or hot tubs
- No tanning, sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tan lotions
- No swimming in chlorinated pools
- No sport, gym or other vigorous exercise
- Do not apply any deodrants, body sprays, perfumes or lotions to the waxed areas
- Avoid touching or scratching the treated area with unwashed hands
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothing
- Do not shave, tweeze or use hair removal creams between treatments
To soothe and protect the skin, apply antiseptic cream twice a day for three days
Use an antibacterial skin wash to help prevent infection
Gently exfoliate the skin 2-3 times per week
Moisturise daily to keep the skin soft and supple. This will allow the new hairs to grow through the skin with out becoming trapped and causing an ingrown hair.
First time waxers may experience acne-like breakouts in the days that follow a treatment.
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after one week as it can take up to four regular waxing treatments to get a hair growth cycle that gives the best results.